Despite the cancellation of the Indiana High School State Press Association’s Fall Convention, the state-wide Harvey Awards were still awarded by IHSPA. Clarksville High School’s two student publications, the Generals’ Delivery and the Legatus, won 19 awards, sweeping the sports writing category.
Leading the Generals, junior Summer Neal won two first-place awards, sports writing and public service announcement, second place in editorial, a third place in sports writing, and an honorable mention for column writing. Also winning first place awards were senior Kelsey Pease in public service announcement and 2020 graduate Sam Soto-Mendoza for editorial cartooning.
“I could not be more proud of our student journalists. They went above and beyond in covering our school community last year all while learning to navigate life during a pandemic,” adviser Kelly Short said.
List of award winners:
- News writing – 2nd place Kelsey Pease
- Feature writing – 3rd place McKenzie Murdoch
- Sports writing – 1st place Summer Neal, 2nd place McKenzie Murdoch, 3rd Summer Neal
- Editorial writing – 2nd place Summer Neal
- Column writing – honorable mention (HM) Summer Neal, honorable mention (HM) Seth Wright
- Infographic – honorable mention (HM) Tanner Page
- Editorial Cartoon – 1st place Sam Soto-Medoza, 2 honorable mentions (HM) Sam Soto-Mendoza
- Advertising/PSA – 1st place Summer Neal and Kelsey Pease
- Website – 3rd place
- Yearbook Features Student Life – (HM) Johelisa Santana and Kylie Perez
- Yearbook Current Events Coverage – (HM) Johelisa Santana and Zowie Ferguson
- Yearbook Ads/Index – 2nd place Kirsten Cummings
- Yearbook Theme -3rd place Devyn Weathers, Kirsten Cummings, and Johelisa Santana
- Sports Coverage – (HM) Devyn Weathers, Sydney Stewart, and Nikki Hatfield
Copy by Kelly Short