GRADUATES: FILE YOUR FAFSA BY APRIL 15
Financial Aid Events
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) opens October 1! Deadline is April 15 for the State of Indiana, although many universities have set a deadline of March 1. Looking for information or need help filing your FAFSA?
What is College Goal Sunday? It is an event held across Indiana that provides FREE FAFSA filing assistance to Hoosier families. Financial aid professionals from Indiana colleges and universities help students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students seeking federal and state grants, loans and scholarships, MUST complete the form. The FAFSA is the most important financial aid form and MUST be received by the federal processor on or before April 15 for Indiana residents to be eligible for state aid. Need help completing the FAFSA? There is a College Goal Sunday in November and February from 2pm-4pm. Go to: http://www.collegegosunday.org for exact dates each year.
COLLEGE GOAL SUNDAY WILL BE HELD @ RENAISSANCE ACADEMY ON NOV 3, 2019 FROM 2-4 PM.
Here is what you will need to complete the FAFSA:
- FSA ID–Every student AND parent should apply for a FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov. This will serve as your electronic signature on the FAFSA.
- PERSONAL DOCUMENTS–SSN, DLN, alien registration # or permanent residence card if not a US citizen.
- PROOF OF INCOME–w-2 forms, untaxed income (workers compensation, child support, housing, food, and other living allowances, veterans benefits, etc.)
- TAX DOCUMENTS–Federal Income Tax Return (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ)
- ASSETS–Bank statements, business and investment information
Text FAFSA to 41411 to sign up for text alerts.
College Cost Estimator
Want to calculate your college costs? Compare the estimated net price of attendance of Indiana colleges. Understand the financial aid process. Discover ways to save for college. Explore Indiana colleges. Fill out this easy form and you will be one step closer to financing your education! All you need is your financial data and basic academic statistics. Go to: www.indianacollegecosts.org.
College Cost Estimator-Mobile
Download the Indiana College Costs Estimator mobile app for financial aid estimates in the palm of your hand. Go to: www.learnmoreindiana.org/mobile.
Learn More Indiana
Learn More Indiana’s Cash for College campaign equips students and families with the practical steps they need to save for college, navigate the financial aid process and complete college with minimal debt. Go to: www.LearnMoreIndiana.org.
Other Financial Resources
- FinAid!: FinAid has earned a stellar reputation in the educational community as the best web site of its kind. It’s comprehensive, it’s informative, it’s objective-and it’s the first stop on the web for students looking for ways to finance their education with student financial aid information on the web. Free scholarship search, financial aid calculators, glossary, and bibliography. Go to: www.finaid.org.
- Student Guide to Financial Aid: Updated yearly from the U.S. Department of Education. Go to: www.studentaid.ed.go.
- College Board: Pay for College Offers financial aid services advice, articles, and links for students and parents. Go to: www.collegeboard.com/pay.
- SallieMae: Loan guarantor and servicer. Go to: www.salliemae.com.
- United Student Aid Group: Loan guarantor and servicer. Go to: www.usafunds.org.