ACT/SAT Test Information
College-bound seniors who have not taken the ACT or SAT should do so as soon as possible so your scores will be available for your college applications. College-bound juniors need to sign up for spring testing. Practice test booklets and information for online registration are available in the counseling office. Register for the ‘Test Question of the Day’ through ACT or SAT. The dates for the school year are posted below. Clarksville High School CEEB code number is 150535. Enter this number where requested so your scores can be reported to CHS. SAT Help Line for Students is 1-866-756-7346. Fee waivers for the ACT and SAT are available from Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Allred, or Mrs. Sammons, if applicable.
Do I choose the ACT or the SAT test?
Curious about the difference between the ACT and SAT? Not sure which one to take? Check out the following information to learn more about these tests.
- ACT: The ACT is an achievement test, measuring what a student has learned in school.
- SAT: The SAT test prioritizes content that reflects the kind of reading and math students will encounter in college and their future work lives.
ACT Testing Dates
Visit www.actstudent.org for more information or to register for the ACT test.
|Test Dates||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline||Photo Upload, Standby Deadline|
|September 10, 2022||August 5||August 19||September 2|
|October 22, 2022||September 16||September 30||October 14|
|December 10, 2022||November 4||November 11||December 2|
|February 11, 2023||January 6||January 20||February 3|
|April 15, 2023||March 10, 2023||March 24||April 7|
|June 10, 2023||May 5||May 19||June 2|
|July 15, 2023||June 16||June 23||July 7|
SAT Testing Dates
Visit www.collegeboard.org for more information or to register for the SAT test.
|Test Dates||Registration Deadline||Deadline for Changes, Regular Cancellation, Late Registration||Score Release Dates||Colleges Receive Scores|
|August 27, 2022||July 29||August 16||September 9||September 19|
|October 1, 2022||September 2||September 20||October 14||October 24|
|November 5, 2022||October 7||October 25||November 18||November 28|
|December 3, 2022||November 3||November 22||December 16||December 26|
|March 11, 2023||February 10||February 28||March 24||April 3|
|May 6, 2023||April 7||April 25||May 19||May 29|
|June 3, 2023||May 4||May 23||June 16||June 26|
PSAT Test Information Test Date: October 25, 2022, free to all 10th and 11th graders.
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT. It also gives you a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs and gain access to college and career planning tools. Just by taking the PSAT/NMSQT you have already taken the first step toward college. What’s next? Log in to My College QuickStart to:
- See correct answers and explanations
- Get a personalized SAT study plan
- Search for colleges
- Explore majors and careers
- Learn about scholarship programs
- Take a personality test
- Use your Online Access Code on the inside of your PSAT report to log in to your personalized site at: www.studentscores.collegeboard.org
Visit www.collegeboard.org for more information about the PSAT and SAT tests and college and career planning. Test Preparation Resources
- March2Success: Free web-based test preparation. www.march2success.com
The ASVAB measures strengths and potential for future success. You do not “pass” or “fail”. the results represent how well you have developed your skills in addition to your potential for training. Your results provide a measure of your skills and abilities with different scores:
- Career Exploration Scores-The three Career Exploration Scores are verbal, math, and science/technical skills. Each of these scores is made up of a combination of some of the individual ASVAB tests.
- ASVAB Tests-You receive a score for each subtest that makes up the ASVAB.
- Military Entrance Score/Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT)-Participation in the ASVAB CEP does not obligate you to talk with military recruiters or consider a military career. If you are interested in joining the Military it is best to discuss this score with a recruiter. Learn more at www.careersinthemilitary.com.
- Access Code-YourASVAB Summary Results sheet includes an access code you will use to login to www.asvabprogram.com/student.